Need for Speed Rivals
First-person driver game that allows you to compete with friends
- Category Racing games
- License Full Version
- Works under Windows 8.1 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows 8
- Language English
- Program by Electronic Arts
Need for Speed Rivals is a racing video game that lets you decide whether to fight on the side of good as a police officer or on the side of bad as a street racer.
Set in Redview County, Need for Speed Rivals is a unique game that gets better each time you play it. When you start out as a police officer, you complete assignments that put you up against the criminals in the game. Each time you complete one of those assignments, you unlock a new one and unlock new gear and equipment. If you play as a criminal, you must also complete objectives to unlock new missions and equipment that can help you outrun the cops.
Those missions require some smart and talented driving. Some put you in the middle of a race and require that you finish in a specific spot or near the top of the pack to move on, while others test your maneuverability skills or how well you can handle yourself in dangerous situations. When not working on your objectives, you can explore the world of Redview County, which features obstacles like speed traps. Whether you play as an officer or a criminal, you can also unlock gadgets that you can use on other players, including EMP traps, roadblocks, and spike strips.
Need for Speed Rivals includes two social features that let you connect with others. With Autolog, you can now record your fastest lap times and top speeds, post that content online, and see how you compare to other players. AllDrive is a brand new feature found on this game that lets you play in co-op mode against friends who also own the game. You can race against each other or play together to unlock new content.
The game features lots of content that you can unlock. You can start out with one of several cars and then unlock new vehicles and upgrade those models with achievements you make within the game. It also lets you play your favorite missions and proceed through the game when you lack an internet connection. The only issue you might have with Need for Speed Rivals is that you must depend on your keyboard to move. You may want to change the settings to race a little easier.
- Customized features let you create your own sleek ride
- Two options give you the chance to play as a cop or a criminal
- Brand new rides include some top models from Ferrari
- Features a large open world that players can explore
- Realistic scenes and settings make you feel like a real racer
- Many players experience some lag issues because of frame problems
- Delays are common in online matches
- Co-op mode requires that all players own the game
- Not everyone likes the keyboard usage and settings